Car won't start. Help guys.

Jimsun

Reaction score
The current symptom is the car won't start. It was cranking last night. Now it's complely gone. It sounds like a turbine when I turn the key on.

What happened was my CAI got wet due to the car sitting out and it seems like water dripped to the CAI filter. Thus, when I turned it on, it would just crank. I tried using quick start etc to no avail. I used my spare spark plugs but the symptom is still there.

Could it be i need a new starter?
It sounds similar to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0py_tKnKBUM

Updated
It sounds like it's cranking now?
Here's a video of my car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-6B5ANzgkM

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
The CAI filter getting wet has nothing to do with your problem. In order to hydro lock,engine has to be running in fearly high rpm's. Could be a starter, locate it and try to "bang" on it while someone cranking the car...

Jimsun

Reaction score
The CAI filter getting wet has nothing to do with your problem. In order to hydro lock,engine has to be running in fearly high rpm's. Could be a starter, locate it and try to "bang" on it while someone cranking the car...

I know about the CAI and hydrolocking only occurs when the whole filter is fully submerged.

I will do that later but The car at the moment is not cranking. I just hear something spin that's it.

I read somewhere that there could be water in thecylinder so i ran the car without the spark plugs on them. After doing this, the car wouldn't car anymore.

I did a battery test and it came up to 12.4xVDC.

What I'm thinking is that when the filter was covered with water, and i turned the car to start, maybe the car sucked in the water and now the engine's sensor (similar to MAF?) won't allow the car the start until it's fully dry?

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
No, just by cranking the car it won't get sucked in.This sounds like your distributor. Take off distributor cap and inspect the rotor,if fine and you have gas,fuel pump turns on then distributor is the only thing I can think of. Starter working its cranking

Jimsun

Reaction score
No, just by cranking the car it won't get sucked in.This sounds like your distributor. Take off distributor cap and inspect the rotor,if fine and you have gas,fuel pump turns on then distributor is the only thing I can think of. Starter working its cranking

I will try that.

Update #2!
The car is cranking and is trying to start. There's a split second where it's actually going to start rather than just cranking.

Update #3!!!
So I decided to just keep cranking the car after letting it sit for 1 hour. I kept going because i can hear her wanting to start. All of a sudden, she just started. I gave it some throttle as i crank and kabam! She started. I wonder if it was the distributor. But if it happens again, i know where to look first.

Last edited:
Back