Change sound?

jwong512

Reaction score
Yeah, I would definitely get suspension before I get an intake. But if you do get an intake, get a Taspro hybrid intake. SRI's are nice and all but the brand name ones are expensive. CAI's are good too but there's always the risk of hydrolocking if there's rain or flooding. I've noticed that with the Taspro intake, the air your engine receives isn't as warm as the SRI but it isn't low to the point where you can hydrolock. Plus, you get a K&N filter included.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
SN850621.jpg

this is essentially what the Taspro one is, minus the K&N.... i built it out of an ebay SRI for cheap. all you need is a saw, a magnet and an autozone intake connector. its simple, looks cleaner and it has a nice note to it

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
no intake will give you power, they are only for sounds and looks

Maybe yours but ask me or greg, a BPinitiatives velocity stack,K n N cone filter combined with any SRI does give you notice in power. Especially in the higher RPMS. Pluss the velocity stacks are dynoed in a bunch of videos to show you get about 5-7 whp on hondas and different cars.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Yea, but that is with a velocity stack, just a simple ebay intake WILL NOT gain you any horsepower, it has been dyno proven time and time again. Additional modifiers will give you power, but from his budget, he will not see any power gains what-so-ever. Now I dont think thats what he was looking for either, he just wanted to change the tone. A short ram intake or a cold air intake will change the tone (make it louder and more obnoxious).

Back