Changing Auto Gear Shift BUlb

jared21927

Reaction score
Anybody have a DIY on how to change the shifter bulb in an auto. The bulb in the middle under the P,R,N...etc. Ive searched and searched and cant find instructions on how to get up under there. I dont wanna mess anything up wit the transmission. Thanks

Accord281

Reaction score
Pull off the black trim ring around the shifter (with the key slot in it) and then GENTLY pull off that whole flat piece of your console. It is not screwed in, just make sure you don't put too much pressure on any weak points. After that, you should be able to reach under there and pull out the bulb socket.

Edit: Pull out cupholder first. Same deal, not screwed in.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
:lawl: orly?

Yeah man, it's really easy once you get the console out of the way, The light is at an angle with a couple small wires coming off of it. It is an awkward angle to twist the light out of the holder, and to twist it back in is a lil more tricky. But you really can't miss it. it's the only small bulb in the area.

I had mine red, before I did a shift boot. Looked really good.

Picture186.jpg

TheHunter

Reaction score
I covered mine with a type R shift boot and use a razo knob... and before I get flamed, I'm doing a 6 speed swap in may, so the type r boot isn't stupid. :p

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^^ I have the boot, and I'm NOT doing a swap. Flame if you want. it looks cleaner and better than stock. I'm not trying to fool anyone, just make it not look horrible, as it does stock.

Back