Chech engine light sais shift solenoid but its a new solenoid

ozonebest21

Reaction score
99 accord ex 4 cyl auto...My transmission was giving me problems my local mechanic told me it was my shift solenoid so I went to Honda and purchased a new shift solenoid after that the car worked perfectly almost like brand new shifted perfectly no jerking nothing I put approximately 100 miles on the car the day I put the part in then that night as I pulled into my block it threw a check engine light the next day as I drove it would feel as tho the car is popping out of gear and not moving at all as if I were in neutral to the point where it just won't move at times I would have to turn the car on and of repetitively until the car would move , the check engine light sais its the shift solenoid but I doubt it because its a brand new part what could it possably be?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

f23accord2000

Reaction score
which one did you change there are two shift sensors one below battery on a 4 cyl and one in the middle near the starter. i had mine both changed they were 250 a piece thats the thing about that code it doesnt tell you what one even with my friends 10k snap on diagnostics.he just bought both because it doesnt tell you sucks but just change both.

Last edited:

ozonebest21

Reaction score
So u had the same problem and when u changed both the problem went away?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

f23accord2000

Reaction score
yup problem was solved. i got a re manufactured new tranny and everything was fine after install 3 days later d4 started blinking car would go into limp mode and was over revving or bucking untill i shut the car of wait a min and it would be fine i brought it back to my buddy tranny was under warranty still he scanned everything and he said it was the solenoid he changed one and still did it then changed the other one and problem was solved they both work together .one solenoid does A an b shifting an c and d one controls when car is cold and one was when warm .i noticed when i got the new tranny it only did it when it was cold but did not do it when the car was fully warmed up.but to answer the question yes i changed both and it went away. but check it start the car in the AM when it is cold and drive if it does it my buddy said change the one under the battery if it does it when the car is FULLY warmed up an temp is normal and drive and it does it ,its the one is the middle near starter one the 4cyl (the easy one to get to).but we changed both so no problems later the tranny people suggested to change both anyways when you get new tranny do to gunk

Last edited:
Back