clicking

00accord91

Reaction score
i searched about this and read that his (paaryla somethin like that cant remember) his clicking got faster but mine doesnt...im hearing a click when my car is idling. it sounds like a spark plug wire when you pull it out sorta click? but the thing is i hear it wayy more right before the rear axle in my exhaust. and at the tips it sounds like a misfire. it actually chops the exhaust idle tone but none of my cylinders are misfiring. when i rev it goes away and when the rev settles back down to idle it comes back. you cant hear it inside the car but you can definately hear it outside clear. what is it?

finch13

Reaction score
If it sounds like a spark jumping a large gap and you think it sounds like a misfire, it probably is. Sparks love to jump through the boot of the spark plug wire into the cylinder head instead of across the plug.

00accord91

Reaction score
wut milage ur at? might need a valve adjustment.
i jus got the car it has 72k on it

If it sounds like a spark jumping a large gap and you think it sounds like a misfire, it probably is. Sparks love to jump through the boot of the spark plug wire into the cylinder head instead of across the plug.
its not really a misfire but at the exhaust its choppy like one but idle is good. im not exactly sure if its the spark plug wires cuz u hear the clicking strongly before the mufflers. like if i lay right in front of my rear wheel (facing the the rear of the car) i hope that makes sense but yea thats where you hear it. it doesnt affect the driveability of the car as far as acceleration or braking and im not overly concerned as of right now but it did catch my attention

Back