Coilovers vs Lowering Springs

Erabus345

Reaction score
Okay, I have a question. I have a 6th gen V6 Accord Sedan. It will be my first car I have ever modified. I am replacing the stock suspension for an aftermarket one and I was curious whether to go with Lowering Springs or Coilovers? I'm not to sure if there is a huge difference performance wise between the two so I was looking for a little insight on the issue. I'm just building a fun street car to drive, maybe do a couple autocross events. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Narftastic

Reaction score
Step 1: SEARCH!!

Just get coilovers trust me and everyone else who coments after me.

Coils are adjustable so u can lower n raise ur car whenever u want.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Hey man. First off, welcome to the site. Second, this topic has been covered ALOT. If you are looking to use drop springs you are going to need to buy better shocks as well. With coilovers it's a combo. Depends on if you want to have the luxury of being able to adjust the height when ever you want. There have been people on here that are extremely happy with drop spring/strut setups as well as coilovers. When you do more searching you can find actual performance reviews on all the products you will be browsing through in hopes to purchase soon.

I am coilover biased. I'm on Functiom Form type 1's and love them. Do a little bit more searching and choose carefully. Remember, you get what you pay for. Don't go cheap on suspension.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Hey man. First off, welcome to the site. Second, this topic has been covered ALOT. If you are looking to use drop springs you are going to need to buy better shocks as well. With coilovers it's a combo. Depends on if you want to have the luxury of being able to adjust the height when ever you want. There have been people on here that are extremely happy with drop spring/strut setups as well as coilovers. When you do more searching you can find actual performance reviews on all the products you will be browsing through in hopes to purchase soon.

I am coilover biased. I'm on Functiom Form type 1's and love them. Do a little bit more searching and choose carefully. Remember, you get what you pay for. Don't go cheap on suspension.

This. Spend some time searching the site, also check out the suspension review thread. Educate yourself and get an idea of what you want, then come back and post more specific questions in this thread.

A lot of people are quick to recommend coilovers but it depends on what you want out of a suspension setup. A third option is aftermarket shocks paired with coilover sleeves, which is still a spring/shock combo but gives you more height adjustability.

Whatever you do, suspension is one area you don’t want to cheap out on, as said above. And you will love the difference it makes. :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
This. Question. AGAIN!!!!!!

:eusa_doh:

I think part of the sign up process should be a direct link to the Suspension Review thread.

BTW,
Welcome to the site.

Enjoy.

Back