constantly running socket?

simplesedan99

Reaction score
ok so i was in my dads truck yesterday waitin for him cuz we was goin to teh moovies and i noticed that i could charge my fone while his truck was off...and then i realized that ours doesnt do that...is it possible to run one solid wire from the battery and ground and have it constantly runn so that you can charge your fone or your gps while your not in the car or is it a bad idea cuz we have small batteries

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
We have small batteries?? I wasn't aware of that....mine is a pretty good size.. I think that is just the way Hondas are engineered... I know the one in my 5th gen was the same way.

simplesedan99

Reaction score
i didnt mean small....just small compared to my dads vortec chevy huge...engine...huge monster...battery

n e whoo. would it runn our battery dead if i attempted this succeeded and then left it to test?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I don't really think there would be a problem.... hell any other car out there has them constantly hot....

AFAccord

Reaction score
I've been meaning to run an 'always-on' socket. I've got my GPS running off an ignition switched power circuit, with the wire 'tucked' away. It can run off its internal battery, but I have it configured to turn on and off with the adapter's input. So... it turns on and off with the car. :) Just one benefit of a switched power setup.

Back