Cylinder 3 isn't firing! Please Help!

Akingkhan

Reaction score
It wouldn't be driving fine if it were running on 3 cylinders.
How do u know cylinder 3 isn't firing? If there's some thing going on with it no one is going to be able to help you out with out more info.
Please tell us more about it ie. symptoms of what it's doing when did it start where does it come from ect.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
He would be misfiring on 2 cylinders if his order was not right n it wouldn't run off 2 cylinders

001Stunna

Reaction score
What made you believe cyl#3 is not working properly. Did you check that the wire on that cylinder is sparking? If yes then do a compression test on that cylinder.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
He would be misfiring on 2 cylinders if his order was not right n it wouldn't run off 2 cylinders

NOT necessarily.
My old saturn had a coil pack 12 34
and IF you had gotten 2 and 3 mixed up at the pack the car would still run, but ROUGH kinda like you continually putting seafoam in.

I made a mistake one day when I worked 12 hours and I was so damn tired, But my mom wanted her plugs and wires done, I was like nbd. It'll misfire, but still spark enough to burn the fuel and cause a lower compression. Now IDK if it's the same for Honda engines being interference engines. But I know a car can run on 2 good cylinders.

doubleclutch

Reaction score
is it actually not firing or is it a "misfire" code? my accord was misfiring on cylinder 2,3,4 not too long ago. Ran fine just stumbled at idle. Fuel treatment, cleaned the fuel injectors by hand, and a tank of 93 octane fixed mine. no more codes. But more information on your problem would be helpful in a diagnosis

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
If you have a cel light on and the scanner reads misfire in cylinder #3, then you have an actual concern. I wouldn't assume misfiring, maybe it just maintenance work; timing and/or tune up; when was it last done? Check the spark plugs and double check the wires.

hybridhatch92

Reaction score
im pretty sure if the car is misfiring or one cylinder is not firing you would get a blinking CEL. i had a issue with my accord and misfiring and the CEL would blink

Back