Day at the races

finch13

Reaction score
As for how he did it... it's fairly easy. If he's shooting RAW which I'm sure he is, you can desaturate individual hues in the CS3 raw dialog box, doesn't really work for multicolored objects like cars though. I'm betting he just used the paintbrush set to "saturation" to desaturate everything but the car.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you can also do the "history brush" method, but it takes a while...

selective desaturation is right up there with hdr for me :ughrun:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
As for how he did it... it's fairly easy. If he's shooting RAW which I'm sure he is, you can desaturate individual hues in the CS3 raw dialog box, doesn't really work for multicolored objects like cars though. I'm betting he just used the paintbrush set to "saturation" to desaturate everything but the car.
That works too but I didn't do it that way lol.. I converted them to b&w using filters since it actually renders better results than RAW & on-camera b&w. Then simply erased what I didn't want to keep on the b&w layer.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i assume you were using the zoom (55-200?)...use like f/5.6 and get plenty of space between you and the subject. unfortunately slow lenses make it hard...if only 400/2.8 lenses were affordable :lawl:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
i assume you were using the zoom (55-200?)...use like f/5.6 and get plenty of space between you and the subject. unfortunately slow lenses make it hard...if only 400/2.8 lenses were affordable :lawl:
Sold the 55-250 IS, I was using the 28-135 IS USM. I have a 70-200 f/4 L but I didn't feel like lugging the tripod around and I forgot the nifty at home.

Back