Dealing with a lack of 'manual' control

cajun

Reaction score
im just wondering who else has ever experienced this and what would you do in this situation? (settle and just wait or what?)

Careful, Plutonium, or you'll end up like me. I've owned my 6G for 7 years and it's about as stock as the day it rolled off the dealer's lot. It's been a great DD, but I don't want to throw mod/performance money at this car.

Maybe the next one...

DXaccorD

Reaction score
Careful, Plutonium, or you'll end up like me. I've owned my 6G for 7 years and it's about as stock as the day it rolled off the dealer's lot. It's been a great DD, but I don't want to throw mod/performance money at this car.

Maybe the next one...

You worded that as if having your car stock for 7 years is a bad thing? explain.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
My car will alway stay stock......like john said....i modd my car for the cruise.....it aint much under the hood....but these cars sure can damn look sexy.....turning heads...it's wat i like doin....

i hope u find ur way young one.....

Plutonium Jones

Reaction score
To all:
thanks to all who replied. youve really lifted my spirits up guys :D
youve seriously given me inspiration to plan out my car's future projects

Lol wow. If your heart really isn't into this car keep this one as a DD and save up for a car ud rather put money into. GL.. Hit me up if ur ever in knoxville btw

Dont get me wrong...this is still MY honda, and i care for him, but the DD option is where he'll more than likely end. btw, will do. ill be up there in a month actually. :beer:

buy suspension, i went from stock to insane slammage in a day and I'm having to force myself to raise my front to more reasonable heights..... once you go low you forget about the desire to shift and focus on the road, the cruise, its what our cars were made for

i was talking to a buddy last week about springs/shocks...its just 1grand out the "5spd fund"...2grand if you include wheels...but im still def. thinking bout it :D

but then i thought about dropping a f20b lol and just convert it to stik........although its much different cuz i learned how to drive stik in an R32 and that car has POWER and i really doubt my accord can get up to that level

Just swap it when the tranny goes. It would be hard to sell and buy a 6th gen at the same time.

dvilla and finch: after one tranny rebuild...putting 3k straight up in a car is quite a pain. especially with work and this being my only mode of transportation (i was lucky enough to drive my niece's car while he was in the repair shop) those 3 days are killer. not to mention im not mechanically inclined/prepared/equipped enough to do a DIY...however, if i ever just get lucky to find time and friends willing and able, it could be a project one day.

SilverAggie: that sounds like a beautiful ride :D but since im not a sound system guy (i blame living in memphis)...i chose to just make him look good for my personal interest...it just gets harder calling him my DD when im around tuners alot as i learn and watch/help them do their thing...ive got an itch i cant scratch lol, but its inspiration

Wrong section.
i didnt know where to guuuuuuuuuh!!!!!! :icon_axe:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Man, if I had a shilling for every time I've heard this emotion expressed by a 6GA owner. I think it's a stigma that every buyer of an auto 6GA is afflicted with. And understandably so. Here's my thoughts:

It's a good investment of your time to really consider if this car is your "dream car" or not. If you love everything else about it, is the fact that it's an auto really enough to make you feel unfulfilled? Would doing other mods that would make a difference in driving pleasure (suspension, intake, rims to name a few) be enough to even partially fill the void that you feel by not having a standard?

If not, keep this car and save (if you need to), then down the road sell the car on top of your savings and buy what you want. Or sell it now and buy what you want if you can afford it. If yes, then start spending a little more time/money on it and make it your ride that you worship despite the fact that it's an auto. And maybe down the road you'll convert it to 5spd, it can be done under $2000 no problem. Do some looking around on here and you'll see what others did in this respect. Still a bit of money, but considerably cheaper than converting a V6.

I do share your pain. So many times I would long for a standard...but anymore I don't feel that need as often. The reason is because I have always wanted a 6GA coupe. It is one of the best looking 2 doors ever to come out of Japan. And now I'm doing more significant mods (suspension, wheels) and I absolutely love the transformation. Yes at the end of the day, it's still an auto. But it's a beautiful car for which I have heightened the driving pleasure considerably, and I have made it mine. Not to mention I do get some looks and a lot of compliments.

Admittedly, part of my comfort lies in the fact that I know my next car will be a manual...hopefully an 08 TL-S 6spd. But I still put money into this car because I love it. I agree with what BPAccord said in this regard.

Good luck man, keep us posted! :thumbsup:

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
i would do suspension mods for sure, even if you don't plan on going "all-out" on your car...its your car, enjoy it for what its worth. If it satisfies you to make it louder by throwing on i/h/e, then go ahead and do it. It wouldn't be "you" not to do that if that's what you wanted, right? Whatever you do, you can't go wrong with the 6th gen, that's why i bought another. Definitely the best car i have bought.

cajun

Reaction score
You worded that as if having your car stock for 7 years is a bad thing? explain.

Definitely not a bad thing to keep my car stock. That's probaby part of the reason it's had no issues in 7 years as a DD.

Yes, I know the low miles also help and no, I'm not saying that mods necessarily cause problems.

Back