Death after F23A swap

ckydmk

Reaction score
I just finished the swap from A1 to A last week, and its be running fine since except for a fuel leak on the fuel rail that was fixed a couple days ago.

This morning, It started up fine, drove it about a block and stopped at the lights where the revs died to about 200rpm and wouldn't rise regardless of throttle. It corrected itself and made it to the next set of lights where it died completely. Cranks but doesn't fire. I pop the hood to look at 'something', when exiting the car I left the headlights on, jiggled the spark plug wires and the headlights turned off..... go to get back in the car, noticed the gauge if off as well, open the door and they turn back on!

The only things I can think that weren't changed are the EGR and a JDM distributor that I needed after breaking the USDM one. I have a strong suspicion thats its an electrical problem but wondering what you guys think

Edit: No CEL on

xci.ed6

Reaction score
the headlights/gauges may be an auto thing.

Model of car?

No engine power thing sounds like it may be a lot of things.

How's cam timing?

Ignition timing?

Compression?

ckydmk

Reaction score
the headlights/gauges may be an auto thing.

Model of car?
01 coupe

No engine power thing sounds like it may be a lot of things.

How's cam timing?

Ignition timing?

Compression?
Maybe jumped a tooth on the timing belt? Im not sure of anything as it happened on the way to work

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
01 Coupe ??

dx, lx, ex?

who knows what has happened, it only takes a couple minutes to check.

ckydmk

Reaction score
Mechanic checked, cam gear was loose, leak down test showed severe compression loss. Jumped belt it is... :( On my way to bent valve land... at least I still have the old head yet lol

xci.ed6

Reaction score
broken cam!?!? Ouch, it usually means somewhere they locked-up. If you're bored, it won't help fix it, pull the bearing caps and see which looks like it locked.

Back