detailers look here;need random orbital polisher to final wax?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
looking for some professional opinion here.
For people who dont know,I just painted my car black. Love it but gets dirty within hours.ha
I want to try to plan a FULL detail this weekend(enough time has passed so i can wax now)

Iv already 1000/500-3000grit sanded and buffed the car
but i missed spots from my GF rushing (dull marks)
so ill be going back over entire car -
Using 3M-Perfect it 3000:
Compound with white foam buffing pad
swirl remover with gray foam pad
polish with blue foam pad.

My question is should i wax/sealant by hand or use a 10" random orbital polisher/waxer after washed the car from buffing it.

also what do yall think about the 1-3 steps "mothers california gold" products
1-pre wax cleaner
2-sealer and glaze
3-pure carnauba wax

or im up for any other products found at local parts store for deep wet shine.

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
i always seal with a machine...i use menzerna power lock on a black foam detailersomain pad with a DA at a pretty low speed

i wax by hand..because i hate getting wax in places it shouldnt be..its a pain to get out..so i do it the way i have the most control

turbo_911

Reaction score
I used to do it by hand all the time when I didn't had DA polisher, but once I bought one to compliment rotary buffer, I never waxed my car by hand except if I apply quick wax.

Never used orbital polisher but DA at speed 1-2 works fine and really nice and quick. Never used mothers waxes, so I don't know, but if you use Meguiars, use M21 for longer protection or consumer series NXT 2.0 Tech wax.

tunerbum147

Reaction score
i have always had good experiences with the mothers products. we use them at my family body shop and it always seems to come out looking great

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the machine if you have one. It will save you a ton of time. I haven't tried mothers but have used plenty of Meguiars stuff and they are easy to work with.

here are some light reading:

Man Vs Machine

Detailing tips 101

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compound with white foam buffing pad
swirl remover with gray foam pad
polish with blue foam pad.

"What machine are you using here?"

My question is should i wax/sealant by hand or use a 10" random orbital polisher/waxer after washed the car from buffing it.

"I prefer to use a machine because it spreads it out more evenly and uniform, but some prefer to do it the old fashion way. Either way is fine just dont use too much product. A little will go very far. "

also what do yall think about the 1-3 steps "mothers california gold" products
1-pre wax cleaner
2-sealer and glaze
3-pure carnauba wax

or im up for any other products found at local parts store for deep wet shine.

Prewax cleaner: I would use this only if your paint is cleaning meaning there is no swirls, marring, holograms and etc. It is what the name states, a "pre" cleaner.

Glaze:First off, you would use a glaze before sealant. The benefit of using a glaze would be for two things. One would be to fill in minor defects to hide the tiniest bit of imperfections. Second would be the sole purpose for adding more in depth gloss.

Sealer? Do you mean Sealant? Sealant is what you will use after glaze but before wax. It is similar to using wax and adds an extra layer of protection as well as add more gloss to your paint.

Wax: The Last Step Protection.

Imo, i would not use the mothers system. There are far more better products out there you can purchase online that is more effective and better quality for the price you pay. If you want to know which products to use or have any questions feel free to pm me. I will be glad to help you out to get that perfect shine. :thumbsup:

Back