DIY Paint question?

JEER42

Reaction score
u can but think about this bondo is a filler that becomes hard and not flexable right

and a bumper is pretty flexable

those two together dont mix one bump at idle speed can break that bondo and end up lookin like crap
just sayn better to do it right the first time than to waste money in paint, materials, and time if u get the slightest bump

You are right, but you are not going to replace a bumper after every bump at idle. Bondo is after all, a plastic filler. If you have minor damage to a bumper, I see no reason not to fix it with some kind of filler. This is how they fix most bumpers at most shops anyways.

You can always use flexible epoxy if you are worried about flexability. Regardless, after a hit you will either need to fix a bumper or replace it. Whatever is in your budget.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
You are right, but you are not going to replace a bumper after every bump at idle. Bondo is after all, a plastic filler. If you have minor damage to a bumper, I see no reason not to fix it with some kind of filler. This is how they fix most bumpers at most shops anyways.

You can always use flexible epoxy if you are worried about flexability. Regardless, after a hit you will either need to fix a bumper or replace it. Whatever is in your budget.

ur right but if i cand block the plastic and primer it with 2k primer filler then ima replace it
idle-10ish mph wont really do anything but scratches most of the time

but all up too u
i wont do it and auto body/collision is my field, but all ur choice

Back