Do i fix the tranny or trade my car in??/

allicedout

Reaction score
Hey guys my tranny's been going since 142,000km , it now has 154,000km and now that im doing all city driving I can really feel it as oppose to being on the highway. Should i fix it for $3000 or trade my car in and spend that $3000 on something else. seeing that the car is worth about $8000-9000 + about $4000 i'd put on top, anyone have any suggestions to another car?? (needs to be auto) :(

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
wanna buy my 4cyl auto? :p as far as other cars with autos go, the only ones id buy are benzes and audis (such as the rs6. its an auto cause they cant find a manual that takes all that torque lol). maybe check out an older c43...? otherwise, get something in manual. its more fun that way.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Just go to a salvage yard and get a tranny for about $500. It shouldn't be more than 5-600 to install it.
Then if you choose, sell the car

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i agree with blacknight. if you love the car, fix it, or swap the tranny. if you're unsatisfied (with the chassis at least) buy a different car.
if you love the chassis and the tranny is going do a tranny swap or replace the same one. or swap the tranny, swap the engine, "new" car.

if you're going for an excuse to get a new new car, now's a better excuse than ever.

angelplus

Reaction score
do I smell manaul swap?

For that money, hell I'd go ahead with a manual swap.

I vcan feel my tranny loosing it already, so I cant wait til it goes.

Back