Does Magnaflow Catback exist for 4 Cylinder coup???

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was planning on getting the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust to replace my 2.5 inch exhaust with something smaller but when i actually started looking for it I found that all I could find was cat-backs listed for the 4 cylinder sedan or the V6 Coup.

Does a cat-back exist for the I4 coupe? If it doesn't I'll probably just end up seeing if a resonator makes my current exhaust sound any better.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was planning on getting the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust to replace my 2.5 inch exhaust with something smaller but when i actually started looking for it I found that all I could find was cat-backs listed for the 4 cylinder sedan or the V6 Coup.

Does a cat-back exist for the I4 coupe? If it doesn't I'll probably just end up seeing if a resonator makes my current exhaust sound any better.

Get the sedan one, install it on the coupe. Have a beer.

Worst case the shop might need to extend the midpipe by a few inches to make it sit flush with the outer line of your rear bumper.

luciusad2004

Reaction score
The coupe is longer than the sedan? I would have thought it was the other way around lol.

Most of the exhaust hangers line up though? I assumed they were going to be different.

luciusad2004

Reaction score
I had one on my coupe years ago

You don't happen to have any pic's or Vid's showing how well it fit do you? Did it require much modification? I'd prefer something I could just bolt up in my driveway. I live pretty far away from everyone so finding a ride while my car sits in the shop for a day or so is pretty difficult.

001Stunna

Reaction score
You don't happen to have any pic's or Vid's showing how well it fit do you? Did it require much modification? I'd prefer something I could just bolt up in my driveway. I live pretty far away from everyone so finding a ride while my car sits in the shop for a day or so is pretty difficult.

A day?? I had my exhaust installed in about 30mins

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Get the sedan one, install it on the coupe. Have a beer.

Worst case the shop might need to extend the midpipe by a few inches to make it sit flush with the outer line of your rear bumper.

Actually if he buys the sedan exhaust for his coupe, the shop will need to cut off about 2" from the piping as the coupe b-pipe is shorter than the sedan's.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Actually if he buys the sedan exhaust for his coupe, the shop will need to cut off about 2" from the piping as the coupe b-pipe is shorter than the sedan's.

Ah, i stand corrected...i always thought it was the other way around. If what you're saying is right though, that makes it even easier...as no extra pipe will need to be added

Back