Door Handle lights..

mart1n

Reaction score
@Ghost Ryder

Thanks!! I will be updating new photos soon... Brad2274 will be sending out a dummy door handle and I think I will try these leds next... These buggers are pretty thin.. And will be perfect for the door... (only one per door)

http://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led

@LeAccord

Early stages first DIY for me, will be making some changes when time gives.. But already found my next project... :hihi:

bmw_zps16c0d710.jpg

LeAccord

Reaction score
Of course bud, we all gotta start somewhere so I was just giving you my idea so it'll help your innovation for this DIY :) I think that single LED you linked will be sufficient for the door handle.

Perhaps you could drill a tiny hole enough for the wires to run through close to this area so that there won't be any exposed wires and it'll be nicely hidden: or.... have that LED mounted towards the right of the red circle so it faces the other end of the handle, rather than downwards.

2v309qt.png

Just throwing out ideas .. that is all :peace:

Whats your new project? C-pillar reading/courtesy lights?

4977500646_01c5717f56_z.jpg

4915395440_b7f7396ac8_z.jpg

no they wont blow a fuse. good luck getting the headliner down to run wires. its a pain

Last edited:

mart1n

Reaction score
The passenger side door was just like wat u showed drilled a small hole... Going to redo the driver side.. And yes some lights on the pillar... I think the lamps came off a bmw e36...

Or these

bmreading_zps05744951.jpg

Last edited:
Back