double din trim piece fitting

Therock249

Reaction score
I just installed a JVC KW-AVX810 in my 2002 coupe. It seems that the trim piece that came with it is too big to fit between the unit and the dash piece. Has anyone else had this problem, maybe with a different aftermarket stereo? I was going to see if there is any other option before I start cutting the trim piece in order to make it smaller. I have to do something as there is a noticeable gap...

DXaccorD

Reaction score
Not sure, but normally if you buy from a site like crutchfield.com, they provide you with a trim peice that fits perfectly. If worse comes to worse, you should be able to buy on separate from www.crutchfield.com for a doubledin unit for not too much money. GL man!

Therock249

Reaction score
The trim piece is the one that came in the head unit package from jvc. It just seems odd since a double din size is pretty much universal, but on this one I can snap the top on, but the bottom seems to be hitting the corners, like the accord dash is slightly curved while the trim is straight 90 degree corners...

inv4zn

Reaction score
You're pretty much out of luck with the JVC trim...I have the kw-nx7000, and same problem.

Without the trim, you can see the bare metal which I didn't like, but the trim was too thick like you said.

I ended up taking the ghetto route out and getting some thick black paper and making my own 'trim'. It's not as bad as it sounds, if you make clean cuts and put it in right lol.

Totally worth like what, 30 cents?

lashlee

Reaction score
Just do like I did and modify the factory piece with some ABS and bondo for a seamless look!!!

30149260089_medium.jpg

I'll see if I can't snap a better pic this weekend so you can see it a little better.

Back