emergency brake not holding

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
okay so to make this quick my car wouldnt pass inspection because my emergency brake wouldnt hold my car. at all. so i bought new rear calipers and installed them, but they still refuse to hold. I have adjusted the emergency brake cable but still nothing. bled the brakes a few times. however when i step on the brake pedal the rear brakes work just fine. when i pull the e-brake you can see the mechanism work, but it doesnt force the piston to go out. and this does this on both brand new brake calipers

jwong512

Reaction score
Have you done any recent modifications to your car besides what you did that's shown above? It seems like you might have a seized caliper piston IMO since I think the e-brake doesn't require any brake fluid to engage.

IR II IC IK

Reaction score
Have you done any recent modifications to your car besides what you did that's shown above? It seems like you might have a seized caliper piston IMO since I think the e-brake doesn't require any brake fluid to engage.

yeah man i figured it out. when i thought both brand new calipers were bad it was actually just one. and that one caliper didnt come with a bracket so it was obviously messed with before it was sold to me.

Back