Engine/Motor Mounts going bad?

001Stunna

Reaction score
I want to say that it seems to move a tad much but i have a 4cyl and not a v6. I do know my 4cyl doesnt move that much when switching from R-N-D though.

I'm sure some of the guys wit a v6 will chime in...

cl206

Reaction score
UPDATE: I just checked and I can say definitely now it moves less and certainly less than yours. I would say aboout 50% less than urs.

mine is a v6 and I changed my front and side recently. I had movements like that which I do believe is a bit too much. The other symptom I had was that when I drive at 55mph down a parkway, I can hear/feel the engine tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap. or maybe it was a low clunk clunk clunk clunk? I can't say for sure, but I felt like the engine was causing that because there is NONE of that tap tap tap tap tap anymore after I've changed the front and side mounts.

Also, you can see the front mount. Is there any leaking or severe cracking? I remember if mine was leaking but it was definitely cracked.

BTW I haven't checked the movement AFTER putting in new mounts. Maybe tomorrow I will check and get back to you b/c I don't have the car home right now.

Last edited:
Back