Erratic acceleration - 99 Accord i4

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Odd, P0300 = any cyl, P1399 = all cyl?

Whatev...As far as replacing it goes, with the new symptoms, usually the IAC is only a prob when it can't move, like when it was dirty, and doesn't (usually) result misfiring only. And the IAC only affects idle, not any open-throttle conditions, like 20mph.

So it kinda sounds like you have another problem, maybe ignition related. Make sure the plug wires work ok, distributor, etc...

I do have an intermittent P030x problem *I think* may be the coolant temp sensor, it only happens about 1x per month, so I've missed my chance to diag, but it also only happens at idle, for ~2 minutes, from a hot-start (like running into the gas station).

I mean, you only have P-codes for misfire, so it MUST be a 'secondary' system problem or like my problem, which is (again, I think) a sensor who's output is 'within specifications' but wrong.

I hate it when you get problems like that, you have to LOOK at sensor outputs (OBD or oscilloscope or voltmeter) and compare them to reality (mine is an 'infrared thermometer')

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, EGR if stuck open, can act like an idle prob, and can act like a 'moving' problem.

I would also remove and clean that, and the passages!, before trying to hard to find this. I mean, it takes like 1/2hr.

For cleaning the EGR, carb cleaner (not TB cleaner) and wire brushes will help.

briansan

Reaction score
Stealer ship lol...
Dang man, im sorry that youve put in so much money to your car and it's still not functional...
With 10+ yr old cars, rust begins to play a serious role in its performance and functionality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back