Exedy Organic Stage 1 Clutch Kit Part #08805

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
Exedy Organic Stage 1 Clutch Kit Part #08805
Price Paid - $165 (bought w/o release bearing)
Purchased - Ebay
Rating - 9/10

I had to replace my clutch, rpm jumping all over! I wanted to buy something affordable, easy to drive, while adding performance. I usually buy my parts online because as a student I can't afford the prices around here in San Jose, CA.

I've had experience with ACT Stage 2 (Honda Prelude), OEM (WRX, BMW), and a few Civics w/ after market clutches. By far the Exedy Stage 1 fit well with me. I have minimal after market mods - exhaust, pulleys, intake but they add extra wear to stock clutch.

Exedy Stage 1 had about a 4 hour learning curve to get use to stiffness - talk about stalling! Even now I get chattering due to the stiffness. Although stiffer, the pedal fulls more responsive. It can handle higher rpm shifts. There is minimized slippage over stock. I recommend this clutch if one has minimal mods, would like something more responsive over stock, and still have street driveability w/o aches and pains.

thatonedude

Reaction score
iv heard that act is alil harder on the pedal and isnt the best for D.D but can hold up to more abuse

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The stage one chatters? I think i'll go with act for my clutch if i own my car long enough for the stocker to go. Great experinece with act's. Thanks for the review.

Back