f22 head on f23 block?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
So with that head you couldn't say, if it was boosted, open the wastegate and switch all the sensors and all that back to obd2 to pass emissions?

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
You can run a 96-97 lx ecu which is obd-2 and should pass a smog check.

That is the thing I was worried about, because I would need to be obd 2 compliant at inspection no smog test here though. Are there any build threads on this head swap. It appears all I could find was the non vtec run by a obd 1 computer.

Clean Sleeper that was my intention, and that is why I needed to stay obd 2 so I could plug the computer back up from the obd 1 come inspection time. I would just need to change injectors dizzy and open the wastegate I believe i and it would be inspectable.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Clean Sleeper that was my intention, and that is why I needed to stay obd 2 so I could plug the computer back up from the obd 1 come inspection time. I would just need to change injectors dizzy and open the wastegate I believe i and it would be inspectable.
As long as they don't look under the hood you'll be fine.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Here is the thing my head is junk. It is leaking oil into the 2nd cylinder, but I have great compression and great leakdown results. I am pretty sure there is damage on the top half that is allowing oil to leak into the 2 cylinder. This is why I was looking at a head. I was hoping if I went sohc vtec f22 there would be a way the stock ecm to run it,but appears there is not. I do have inspirations to boost it once I fix this leak so I figured I need a new head anyways and wanted a more simple swap. Is this more clear of what I want

There is an f23 head on eBay for $209 shipped.

Back