F22A Head On F23A1 Block

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
So I'm building a boosted engine, I heard the F22A head has better air flow.

Plan to put a H23 IM onto the F22A head, Port Polish, Since VTEC is kinda non existent in the F23 I'm gonna chip it that VTEC does not kick in.

What would do I need to do to put the F22A head onto the F23 and can I use the stock valve train from the F22 on the F22A?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Figuring out what you'll use to tune with should be your first priority or whatever shop closest to you is most familiar with. Convert to obd1, next would be machining of the head to properly match the bore of the block, comparing headgaskets for aligning of drain holes and thickness etc...

All n all...it'd be a lot easier to do the H23 head swap, convert to OBD1, and then boost.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Re: F22A Head On F23A1 Block ( boost build )

Figuring out what you'll use to tune with should be your first priority or whatever shop closest to you is most familiar with. Convert to obd1, next would be machining of the head to properly match the bore of the block, comparing headgaskets for aligning of drain holes and thickness etc...

All n all...it'd be a lot easier to do the H23 head swap, convert to OBD1, and then boost.

Theres only one person around here that has a indoor Dyno. Not sure what the ECU supplied with my kit is chipped for but its tunable. I know its a OBD1 ecu. Its only 100$ for a adapter from OBD2B to OBD1.

Yeah I think I'll use the F23A1 Block, Change out the pistons, rings, rods, bearings, head studs, Drop on the H23 head, I'll need new valves, springs etc for the Head. Convert my car over to a G23 VTEC. Throw on a H23 IM, Larger throttle body maybe a 70mm. But if the F22A manifold will fit on the H23 head then thats cool.

At lease I'll got lots of room to work with, I know Im gonna need to relocate the battery to make room for charge piping and the turbo.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
Well I have not sold my gutted H23 that was sitting in my shed. So I decided to go with the G23 build.

Gonna use the H23 head I knew was complete, pull the timing parts off the H23 block to use for this, Get a new timing belt, It had the Thermostat housing. I picked up for 100$ a exhaust manifold and IM complete minus the TB which I could use the F23 one, I bought a long time ago a new headgasket for my F23.

Now I need:

P06
F22A coolant pipe
H23 dizzy
New belt
Resister Box

I knew the motor was good when pulled just smoked a bit, The water pump was broken due to it not working on the swapped F20B in this prelude. But my F23 one is still good :D

Then I'm going boost next year.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
i still got that obd1 kit and a battery relocation kit...

Back