f2314 to f23a1?

vtecrippa

Reaction score
hey guys my dad bought a 2000 accord with the f23a4 271K on the engine and its got a very slight rodknock. i dont know much about the hondas but from what i read the f23a4 is pretty much the same as the a1 but the a4 uses a 36bit computer and a wideband oxygen sensor. could i put in a f23a1 and have it work with the the computer from the a4? or will i need an ecu from the a1

thanks.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It will probably work, but to get it perfect you'd want to get the ECU that belongs with the engine, and the corresponding transmission as well.

Sonnick

Reaction score
The a4 is the ULEV version. HP figures are the same to my knowledge so there is really no difference. I'd imagine you would be able to use either ECU, but don't quote me.

vtecrippa

Reaction score
ok thanks guys. i think what we will do is just pull the crank and get it redone and put in some new bearings.

vtecrippa

Reaction score
Good plan. The trans are the same between engines. The biggest difference is wiring pinouts, so swapping the ECU is a no-go.

yea thats what i figured. but it will be cheaper and easier just to do the crank and bearings. so ill definitely go that way

Back