Factory Harness adapter

adamlee17

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to 6thgenaccord and I would like to introduce myself. I recently got a 2001 Accord Coupe EX-L from my Grandpa with 159,000kms. Shes a beaut and right now I am doing some installations.

First full day with her I installed 6.5 Alpine Type S' in the doors, and for the rear I have not decided. I have some 5.25 Alpine Type S from my integra but I do not know if they would sound great back there compared to the 6x9 Alpine Type S' I am thinking of picking up.

I am going to install the aftermarket stereo I pulled out of my Integra as well. Its a Clarion unit - the name model doesn't come to me right now. Should the adapter work from the integra to the Accord? I have purchased another adapter from crappy tire and it says on the back that it fits 89-07 accords and looks the exact same.

If anyone of you has some advice to give me on this situation please let me know. I am new to accords so please give me your input!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to 6thgenaccord and I would like to introduce myself. I recently got a 2001 Accord Coupe EX-L from my Grandpa with 159,000kms. Shes a beaut and right now I am doing some installations.

First full day with her I installed 6.5 Alpine Type S' in the doors, and for the rear I have not decided. I have some 5.25 Alpine Type S from my integra but I do not know if they would sound great back there compared to the 6x9 Alpine Type S' I am thinking of picking up.

I am going to install the aftermarket stereo I pulled out of my Integra as well. Its a Clarion unit - the name model doesn't come to me right now. Should the adapter work from the integra to the Accord? I have purchased another adapter from crappy tire and it says on the back that it fits 89-07 accords and looks the exact same.

If anyone of you has some advice to give me on this situation please let me know. I am new to accords so please give me your input!

Just pull the headunit and check. It doesnt take that long and you'll know for sure.

adamlee17

Reaction score
That's actually a good idea haha I didnt think of that. What about the speakers in the rears. Should I put the 5.25 Alpine Type S' in or 6x9. I am putting a 12in sub in the rear.

adamlee17

Reaction score
Factory rear deck speakers are 6x9 so put 6x9's in there to make it easy for yourself.

Thank you I will do that! Btw, The accord's factory radio harness is 20 wire connector, not a 13. Had to by a new connector but other then that the Clarion FZ501 fit like a glove - not with out some modification of course :)

Thank you all for your help!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Thank you I will do that! Btw, The accord's factory radio harness is 20 wire connector, not a 13. Had to by a new connector but other then that the Clarion FZ501 fit like a glove - not with out some modification of course :)

Thank you all for your help!

Glad it all worked out :)

Back