Fogger vs. Direct port

Status
Not open for further replies.

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
actually a dry kit is worse than a wet kit. A wet kit only activates the nitrous at w.o.t.(wide open throttle). A dry kit is just a flip of a switch. The best nitrous setup would be a direct port wet kit. It injects the nitrous into all the cylinders equally at w.o.t. Not saying you wont damage your engine. But a stock honda can handle a 50 shot kit easily. If the I/H/E is all you have. I wouldnt recommend it. Because you are doing more damage to your engine than its worth. I would just port/polish the head and port match your intake. Or put that money into a swap or turbo. But if all you have is I/H/E? A NOS kit really isnt worth the risk. If you have your sights dead set on a NOS kit, then make sure you beef up your engine to handle it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
98AccrdSdn said:
actually a dry kit is worse than a wet kit. A wet kit only activates the nitrous at w.o.t.(wide open throttle). A dry kit is just a flip of a switch. The best nitrous setup would be a direct port wet kit. It injects the nitrous into all the cylinders equally at w.o.t. Not saying you wont damage your engine. But a stock honda can handle a 50 shot kit easily. If the I/H/E is all you have. I wouldnt recommend it. Because you are doing more damage to your engine than its worth. I would just port/polish the head and port match your intake. Or put that money into a swap or turbo. But if all you have is I/H/E? A NOS kit really isnt worth the risk. If you have your sights dead set on a NOS kit, then make sure you beef up your engine to handle it.

Direct port is a wet shot. A stock honda or any car can handle up to half of its HP rating which in our case is 75. If all you have is I/H/E and are looking for more power then nitrous is definately your best bet. You DO NOT have to build up your motor to handle nitrous, but you should make sure that its in relatively good condition. What do you think you're doing when you put 8-10psi from a turbo-supercharger through your engine?

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
I said if all you use is a 50 shot. You dont need to build. But 75 unless your engine was really taken well care of. Is pushing it. And anything over that. Yes you should build. Or be sorry.

HandoEX

Reaction score
98AccrdSdn said:
I'm not even gonna attempt to keep reading after the first three sentences. If you don't know what you are talking about, then let someone who does share information. Not trying to be a jerk here, but seriously!
Also...
NITROUS DOES NOT KILL MOTORS, THE PERSON SPRAYING THE NITROUS KILLS MOTORS.
:)

Last edited:

98AccrdSdn

Reaction score
Then how come Wildman agrees about the dry kit.......I think you dont know what you are talking about.

HandoEX

Reaction score
98AccrdSdn said:
Then how come Wildman agrees about the dry kit.......I think you dont know what you are talking about.
OK, show me where Wildman said that a wet kit is only activated by WOT activation and a dry kit is only activated by a push button activation. Here are a few lines directly from Zex.com..."• ZEX "Dry" nitrous systems activate at wide-open throttle, using advanced electronics that monitor your engine's throttle position sensor. This makes using your nitrous system very easy and reliable." "• ZEX "Wet" nitrous systems activate at wide-open throttle using advanced electronics that monitor your engine's throttle position sensor. This makes using your nitrous system very easy and reliable." You can activate a wet or dry kit with push button or WOT activation. I have no idea why you say it mattes at all.

Also, what do you need to run nitrous besides i/h/e and little things like colder plugs, premium fuel, and a window switch?

Finally, who do you get your info from? Are they people who use nitrous?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
98AccrdSdn said:
I said if all you use is a 50 shot. You dont need to build. But 75 unless your engine was really taken well care of. Is pushing it. And anything over that. Yes you should build. Or be sorry.

Gimme a break, there's a few guys running 100 wet shots on stock F23 motors and no problems. 75 is not pushing it my friend. You started this thread not knowing anything and you try telling us we're wrong?

I've been using a 75shot for 2 years, my car has 92K miles, and I/H/E, ported TB & IM. You know what problems I've seen from using nitrous? A clogged/burned up cat that's now gutted, thats all.

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
lol alright guys play nice

sorry 98 but yeah you are a little mistaken but i think everyone's cleared that up anyways.

what switch you use doesn't matter, totally up to the user. i used a push-button with my wet kit, its just personal preference.

also, the f23 will handle a 75 shot no problem as long as you not using nitrous on 87 octane gas. whenever you spray you should have at least 91 in the tank. the tranny will crap out long before the engine, assuming you know what you're doing and maintain your vehicle that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back