fuel systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
how do fuel injectors fit? are they a universal item? or are they engine specific? also, how would you find a fit once you buy aftermarket fuel rails such as AEM?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you mean how do they fit? You just insert them into the places on the intake manifold. They are somewhat universal for Fuel Injected 4 cyl's. They'll fit just like OEM with an aftermarket fuel rail.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
when i meant how they fit, i meant is there a certain size i should be shopping for as far as fitment. are fuel injectors engine specific? or are they typically all the same and i can just buy whichever one gives me a larger shot.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you say "size" do you mean the flow rate of the injector or the actual "size" of the injector. Two totally different things.

Maybe this will help you understand a little bit. Almost all Honda OEM injectors are interchangeble. Meaning, I can take the injectors from a S2000 and put them in my accord and they'll work fine. Also, the injectors from a Talon/Eclipse will also fit in our IM, there's a little more involved but its doable.

angelplus

Reaction score
I think he wants to know what size is best for his engine/what he wants to do with his car... like blkcurrantkord said, please be more specific. If you want to know what size injector ir right for a specific application, and why you are doing that blah blah, then say it. Then people can make a more clear answer by knowing whats going on with your engine and so forth.

I really dont know alot about injectors but I do know what sizes they come in, but however I dont know which is right for a certian application.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
okay, for example, if i have I/H/E and want to dump in more fuel to better mix with the increased air flow. i'll throw in a nitroux oxide system. a VAFC. i'll get fuel regulator, fuel rails, fuel filter, and then fuel injectors. that's my example of what i mean.
i'm speaking of the actual size for fitting an AEM aftermarket replacement fuel rail. i hope this makes sense.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
okay, for example, if i have I/H/E and want to dump in more fuel to better mix with the increased air flow. i'll throw in a nitroux oxide system. a VAFC. i'll get fuel regulator, fuel rails, fuel filter, and then fuel injectors. that's my example of what i mean.
i'm speaking of the actual size for fitting an AEM aftermarket replacement fuel rail. i hope this makes sense.

You don't need the rail, filter, or injectors for a simple nitrous kit. Even if you got a AEM rail, the oem injectors will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back