Fuse Holder/Grounding Kit Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messingerzt

Reaction score
I've searched and searched but cant find the answers to some questions (noob stuff) i have about the grounding kit (big three)

how is the the alternator to battery done? in the write up/diy this is never done. (http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487)

I see lots of pictures of people that have done the third part (alternator to battery), but i have no idea why the fuse holder is there? whats the point of it/is it nessacary?

like i said, ive searched alot but cant find answers! read all 11 pages of the write up! if anyone has another link even to another write up WITH the alternator to battery done, that would be great!

syd-monster

Reaction score
The +ve terminal of the battery is connected to the terminal on the back of the alternator, this terminal is like the +ve out put of the alternator. . Run a 4ga/2ga cable and insulate as shown in the tut, in the engine bay, follow the path of the other wiring in the bay.
(The -ve output is the metal chassis of the alternator, its works by grounding/earthing on the engine, hence you also upgrade the engine earth/ground wire and the -ve terminal to chassis wire)
The fuse holder is there to protect the cable and minimise the chance of the battery being shorted out/fire/meltdown. I think its necessary as its a good piece of safety. Make sure you put a proper sized fuse in it too (about 100/150Amp).

(Having said that the best way to do the big-3 is to replace the factory OEM wire all the way with new cable of same if not bigger size and put it in split conduit, just like the factory does. but no something I recommend for a nooby)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back