fuse keeps blowing(dashlights)

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
So tonight leaving my GFs house,I get in and start the car and turn on the lights..My headlights come on but my dash lights didnt..

Had that problem, its fuse number 10# on passenger side fuse box. License lamp 7.5amp..it was blown..so i put another one in,turn switch instantly blows..and so on..its blown 4 fuses.all of different amps just to get me home.even blew a 30a,atleast it gave me dim light for about 10secs then blew.

it blows when I turn the switch
and when i lock and unlock my viper alarm the parking lights dont flash anymore?

any idea? I didnt mess with anything its just happening?

Last edited:

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
You have a short to ground. Find the diagram for that circuit and start checking for rubbed wires/ground locations that may be loose or corroded. This early ground path is causing a high current in the circuit because there is now little to no resistance, which is causing your fuses to blow immediately. Your parking lamps obviously won't work because the fuse is blown and power cannot reach the loads (the bulbs).

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
no i didnt touch anything electrical besides install a mp3 headjack cord.but it was plug and play..(saterday morning,but didnt drive at night so didnt turn the lights on..)

but the fuse blows as soon as i turn the headlight switch on..
also the 10A inline fuse for the parking light for the viper alarm blows as soon as you lock or unlock it..

and it just happend last night?

-The turnsignals do work tho?(same lights that WOULD flash when lock or unlocks)

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
went out and changed the bolts that where holding ground points and sanded the metal..
got it working again.. Thanks guys

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
You are very welcome. I am taking the electronics ASE test tomorrow so this is all very fresh in my mind.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya,i noticed a brown spot around one of the 3 ground spots,so i sanded it down more to shiney metal and changed the bolt to actually tighten it instead of just spin.
Just randomly went bad- ha its been installed for a while now too.

Back