Getting to AC fan to remove something?

TheHunter

Reaction score
Well over summer break while my car was parked, I think that maybe a mouse crawled up in my AC system and died on my fan haha... if I turn it on it's very loud and sounds like the fan's hitting something... and a bad smell similar to a dead animal comes out. Soooo I want to know if any of you know exactly where the AC fan is on a v6 coupe. I know its on the right passenger footwell area... as I did change the AC filters right before I left. So I just want to know if anyone has been to where the fan is, and if it'll be hard to... possibly remove a dead mouse? >_<

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The A/C fan is in the engine bay. The blower motor is behind the glovebox. In which case, I'd like to see a mouse try and crawl in there.

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
it maybe that your blower is going out. i dont know about the bad smell. maybe mold or somthing like that.

my car use to do the same thing. the blower got really loud every time i turn my ac on. maybe you can let it run for a while thats what i did and the sound went away.

my 2 cent

TheHunter

Reaction score
Hmmm... you guys would be surprised where mice can climb too... But yeah sorry I meant the blower, I know the AC fan is in the engine bay. I really would like to fix it whether its the blower going out or something in there... because driving around with your windows down when its 100 doesn't really help :p

JOEYSACCORD

Reaction score
i would just take out ur glove box and check ur blower cuz its not that hard and that smell must suck...

TheHunter

Reaction score
id say check ur cabin filter or for bad coolant which looks like algae color.

Lemon.... :ugh: How... would that have anything to do with a noise coming from my fan... or a bad smell. I said I already just changed my cabin filter. Thanks for trying to help though.

Thanks guys for letting me know the blower is behind my glove box. I'll give it a try as soon as it cools down a bit. The irony of a broken AC.. it's too hot to go out there and fix it so it wont be hot when I drive.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
that would be for ur bad smell ur mentioning. when my coolant was like rotten, it made a bad smell. i changed it and it went away.

Back