Green light above A/C on/off switch

Pipeslinger92

Reaction score
I just noticed tonight when i turned my car off and pulled the keys out that the green light above my a/c on/off switch stays on when the car is off. I started my car up and all climate controls work normal including the A/C on/off switch but for some reason when the keys are taken out that little green light comes on and stays on. It even goes off then comes back on every now and then on its own but completely randomly, not as if its doing it at certain times or a certain number of times. I checked the back of all the switches, wiring, and fuse panel and even battery connections and nothing looks out of the ordinary in plain view but I'm just not sure where to go from here.

james'99

Reaction score
Is the A/C always on or is the button functional at all? Does the light cycle when you press the button while car off?

Pipeslinger92

Reaction score
The light and button both work as normal when the key is in and the car is on. The A/C works normal as well, so the control of that button still works as normal as well. Pushing the button has no effect on the light though when the car is off. It just stays steady on except for the random on off it does every now and then like it just had a mind of its own.

Pipeslinger92

Reaction score
Have not tried unplugging the battery yet but will do so today. Only thing aftermarket so far is the stereo system

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
my last accord did this too. i didn't care enough to fix it though haha...sorry i can't be of much help, but good luck fixing it. personally, i would just try replacing the hvac controls, it's probably something internally that's making it malfunction.

kn0x47

Reaction score
had a similar issue a few months ago. there's a certain part inside the AC controls that is going bad. Eventually you'll have issues getting the AC to even come on. Just buy another climate control unit.

Back