H22 swap axles?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I've read from my search, but then why do ppl still suggest that it's okay to use them? I'd rather go with f23 intermediate shaft, but I can't find one.

To be completely honest, the very first axle I had was a frankenstein axle. Half of the axle was from an f23, and the other half was from an H22 (because I had an H22 IM Shaft, I had to use half of the axle for it to mate to the IM Shaft.) .. For about a month, when I had the first H22 axle, it was 'okay' .. The first day I had it, I already noticed that the axle had started to pull out of it's boot a little bit. After driving on it for some time, the boot started ripping and exposed the bearings on the inside. One day when I was driving, my car started shaking violently .. Like I mean, VIOLENTLY for just a couple seconds, and before I could pull over the axle had snapped and all the bearings flew everywhere. So, I pulled over to a gas station and setup shop. I had a friend take me to a nearby autozone, and bought an H22 axle straight up and installed it. So after the new axle was in, I pulled out of the gas station, and the VERY FIRST left turn I made, the axle was yanked out of the intermediate shaft (the H22 axle is actually roughly an inch shorter than the f23 axle). So I went back, took apart the H axle, and tried to salvage the other half of the F axle that fell apart earlier and got it together with the grease from the new axle and drove home slowly .. very slowly.

Tphong

Reaction score
Did it matter what generation prelude you used? Assuming that they're not the same.

Back