hard shifts

osiriskidd

Reaction score
i can feel my car jerk a little harder these days, and i think it's due to my transmission dying.

i'm not sure, but my friends say it has to do with the gas i'm pumping (87 cuz its so damn expensive) and then i'm using 10w30 castrol GTX oil.

my gf even says she notices it shifting harder than usual lately.

01 accord auto.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Gas doesn't have anything to do with it, our cars we're designed around the regular gas. Don't spend the extra money, even on mid-grade. Only the V6 ECU can even take advantage of the higher octane count by increasing timing, even still regular runs it fine.

Again, oil has nothing to do with your car jerking. Nothing. Tell your friends they're idiots.

How long has it been since your changed the fluid it Honda ATF??

osiriskidd

Reaction score
i4. and i was told transmission fluid was changed when i got the car, around 64k, and now im on 73k. i guess i should get another change.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
osiriskidd said:
i4. and i was told transmission fluid was changed when i got the car, around 64k, and now im on 73k. i guess i should get another change.

Get another change, dont always believe the dealer. The dealer told me my car was certified but it wasnt. I dont trust dealers anymore so thats why I do it all myself.

Back