Hawk HPS thickness question

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I'm having trouble ordering the right brake pads. I have a 01 Accord 4Cyl EX ULEV with all 4 discs. Which Hawk HPS pads do I need to order?
HB275F.620 Disc Brake Pad; HPS Performance Street w/0.620 Thickness; Front;
HB275F.660 Disc Brake Pad; HPS Performance Street w/0.660 Thickness; Front;
HB275F.720 Disc Brake Pad; HPS Performance Street w/0.720 Thickness; Front;

Also, I'm thinking about ordering Rotors from PepBoys since they are cheap. about 25 bucks a piece. Are there any suggestions as to what other rotors I should consider? I'm trying to stay cheap since I will not be using this car to commute...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Im not certain on the thickness, but I am certain that adding these pads will warp OEM rotors under heavy braking. I had a TL with these installed and the steering wheel shook like crazy when I applied the brakes. I would just get some OEM pads and throw those bad boys on, they are softer...but they are also easier on the rotors.

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I currently have VGX Ceramics and it messed up my rotors. The car has the death rattle when stopping...

I have a Sedan, would .720 fit?

finch13

Reaction score
I currently have VGX Ceramics and it messed up my rotors. The car has the death rattle when stopping...

I have a Sedan, would .720 fit?

No, those are coupe pads. Are you pulling these part numbers from Hawk or some 3rd party site?

Pads do not cause warping. Incorrect bedding in and heat cycling of the pad ad rotor combo cause warping. Not cleaning the hub before installing rotors can cause them to sit at an angle too.

I'm currently using $20/ea rotors with Hawk pads and ZERO pulsation in the pedals.

Back