headlight questions

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I used automotive silicone, the clear one. Never used the RTV one before.

+1, you're not spreading sauce on pizza, don't use any gunky silicone. No need for your headlights to look like you resealed them with toothpaste.

shibbywhitedude

Reaction score
Oh and this RTV sealant is for windshields(it's automotive) so I thought it would work well on lights too since it seals windshields haha. Oh and it's clear too.

Did any of you guys leave the amber strip out? I took mine out (way back then) and wish I had it still. It's around here in my room somewhere, just don't know where. Does the light look stupid with no strip under there?

I'm mad... XM and Sirius merged today blah lol

simon_y

Reaction score
I dont know if the RTV sealant gets soft when you seat it up, but the automotive silicone gets warm and soft when you take a heat gun to it so its not permanent.

I took half my amber strip out, I took the front one off and left the side one on. I also took the bulb out as i dont really like the look of the parking light. So when i turn the light to 1 click, its only the turn signal and not the parking light cause i took out the bulb.

shibbywhitedude

Reaction score
Well I went to my friend's house to work on them and I got a new decision for sealing them up. He has some 3M Windshield Weld (it's urethane). I think I'm going to try to scrape out all of the old sealant (from the factory and from the RTV sealant) and squirt some of that 3M stuff in there.

Back