Heated mirror wiring

Mikey

Reaction score
Where do i begin? Lol. Got a set of heated mirrors. The plug is a bigger, different plug and it has 5 wires; yellow, green, grey and black(x2).

Old mirrors just have green, yellow and grey.

Anyone know what the extra black wires are and if they can be wired into the master plug? The master plug has 2, maybe 3, empty slots. Might it be possible to just extend those two black wires to the master switch?

I really dont know what im doing here, lol. Worse case scenario, i (somehow) wire them to the rear defrost but id like to keep it as factory as possible.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
You could just find the pinouts of the heated mirrors and set up a relay to heat them using the rear defroster as the switch. Doing it that way would only be intrusive to the stock harness in one way, everything else could be added in by you.

Mikey

Reaction score
just throwin it out there, but you must really really love mirrors :lawl:
Im vain. What can I say?

You could just find the pinouts of the heated mirrors and set up a relay to heat them using the rear defroster as the switch. Doing it that way would only be intrusive to the stock harness in one way, everything else could be added in by you.
Thats gonna be my last resort. The pinouts are what I need, lol. Im really hoping those two blacks are grounds and/or can be extended to the empty spots in the master switch.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
What do you mean by master switch? What I'd do is use the 12V that is actually powering the defroster to trip the relay, using just a snap on tap-in.

Mikey

Reaction score
That requires the pinout for the defroster and running wire up, under that dash and behind the console.

Im trying to maintain cleanliness. Neatness. Extending a couple of wires is easier than running an entire pigtail 3-feet under the dash.

And the master switch is the main switch on the drivers door. The one that controls all the windows and mirrors.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Oh that switch! To each there own on the wiring method, I wire it up so that it could be easily removed. Cut one wire and the entire wiring harness can be pulled back out in one piece. Definitely do a write up on it I'm interested in how it works out.

Mikey

Reaction score
Ill definitely do a write up. Im really hoping itll be easy as i want it to but i have a feeling it wont be eazy lol.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
:wtf1:

Good luck man. Maybe someone that has the mirrors you just bought would be kind enough to take the panel off and take some photos of the wiring...

Back