Help! CL type S conversion

Neight

Reaction score
Crap man! I just tried the cl type s conversion and it doesn;t work becasue none of the harness match! Man what a waste of time, and it was a bitch to get to the freaking shifter. I had to remove 6 panels and the whole entire console. So man I have to put my stuff back and man I am a lil pissed.
SO ppl with the 4cyl, dont try it cuz the harness will not match.

djpm05

Reaction score
I responded to your PM, but for everyone else's information, the harness does not match up, you have to cut the stock harness off, and put the correct wires to it from your CL-S shifter assembly, it also requires cutting inside the assembly itself, as well as on some trim pieces.

Hammer03

Reaction score
i'm suprised in your research (that i hope you did) you didnt see that its not a plug-n-play swap... there's a reason only a few people in the country have done it. idk where you are, but you might shoot a pm to Aidan, 5150crx on v6p, he might be able to help you out, or you can pay him to do it/fly out and do it. just something to think about....

djpm05

Reaction score
if you sent it to me with enough money to get it back to you, i'd put it together for you, it's not hard to do, just takes some time.

Neight

Reaction score
been busy with finals, but thanks, I'll look at my options. Do you have that part( the right harness piece?) If I had that pa I think I can pull it off by myslef, but I will not mess with my oriignal shifter incase I mess up I will have a spare.... anyways back to my finals...

Twobit

Reaction score
Neight said:
Crap man! I just tried the cl type s conversion and it doesn;t work becasue none of the harness match! Man what a waste of time, and it was a bitch to get to the freaking shifter. I had to remove 6 panels and the whole entire console. So man I have to put my stuff back and man I am a lil pissed.

You didn't waste your time, and yes it does work, Just get a ecu from a cl-s and try goin on honda-tech.com and search in the archives. I've seen this successfully done before.

retroshark

Reaction score
you dont ned an ecu, but you just have to make a new harness for the plugs in your car. its pretty simple if you know wiring. i agree though, research should be done before each mod, but if you want to, send it to someone whos done this.

personally, i dont see why this has been done on so many cars, i dont think it looks good and the triptronic gearing doesnt even work. id be more interested in swapping ina prelude shifter. i wonter how easy that is?

Twobit

Reaction score
Neight said:

How much was everything?

Back