Help Please !!! Car running strange

Reaction score
Okay this is a long story but I have a 2001 F23A1 I decided to put a cold air intake on my car and it drove great after that I decided that I was going to put 4-2-1 header on my car because my manifold had a crack in it that's where the problems began the day before I put the header on I got a MIL code for my bank O2 sensor upstream for low voltage I checked the O2 and it was warped at the end ??? and white with a bit of black so I replaced the sensor with a Bosch direct fit took the car home wiped the code and all was fine the next day I had my header kit put on and noticed what sounded like a whistle noise but I'm not sure if thats my CAI or not not to much of a problem but the issue I'm having is ever since the header install my car is crazy sluggish sometimes I have power other times nothing I have no MIL so idk and some times when I floor it I have power and then it bogs down in the middle of flooring it ??? I did a tune up 10,000 miles ago with v power ngk plugs exact wires and a whole new distributor
so I don't think it's a ignition issue the only thing I can think of is I never reset the ecu after the header install it's been and a week now of driving 16 miles a day or could it be the O2 sensor as I should have gotten Denso and the last thing is that one of my friends tried to take one of my spark plug wires out and separated the top of the wire from the long part that goes in the spark plug tube cylinder I was able to get it back together and did not notice any problems this happened 4 days before the header install I did get new wires and I am putting them on tomorrow and I pulled my ecu fuses to reset the ecu for the header so I guess I will know the results to that tomorrow please any thought would help I also noticed a drop in mpg

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Wires. Probly fix it LMK

Turn on your key.

Not engine.

See CEL?

Also check codes, should have a P030?

Reaction score
I know when I turn the key to acc the cel comes on for a sec the a goes off I will check for any pending codes tomorrow when I change the wires

james'99

Reaction score
That is normal operation of the CEL. It tests itself along with many others upon turning the key on. Could still be pending codes though.

Reaction score
So I changed the plugs wires and reset the ecu and that seemed to work here's the next problem now my 5 speed won't shift in reverse and sticks to go in first no matter if the car is off or not

xci.ed6

Reaction score
check shifting cables
clutch adjustment/leaks
change fluid to REAL Honda MTF

xci.ed6

Reaction score
sorry, I was thinkin cable clutch for adjust.

if you just changed the fluid,make sure it's bled! Do it again if you need to.

2-people for cables. one holds lever TIGHT in neutral
Other grabs under hood ends, try to move it around, if it moves, That's it!
reverse with console loose if needed.

Back