HELP* Transmission or Shifter Cable probs?

Acc01/LowGrav

Reaction score
Hey guys i cant go on reverse (manual transmission) my reverse gear is basically Fifth gear and my fifth gear is another third. to make things easier to understand,
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=3
R=5

i dont know if its my Shifter cable or if its my trans. This happened randomly. anyways let me know what u guys think. Thx

Akingkhan

Reaction score
U either have a broken selector fork in ur tranny or ur cable is slipping/fauked up
N r u sure that
5=3 that kinda makes sense
R=5? This on the other hand does not!
R=4 plausible

Acc01/LowGrav

Reaction score
U either have a broken selector fork in ur tranny or ur cable is slipping/fauked up
N r u sure that
R=4 plausible

Im very sure and my 4=4 anyways i took a look and i need to change my cables, theyre done and yes my r is my fifth gear lol

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Im very sure and my 4=4 anyways i took a look and i need to change my cables, theyre done and yes my r is my fifth gear lol

Ok Ok I believe u lol

I'm just sayin u have 2 cables 1 is for the side 2 side n the other is for the up n down

So :thinking: ?????? Replace the cables n see if it fixes the problem

Acc01/LowGrav

Reaction score
Ok Ok I believe u lol

I'm just sayin u have 2 cables 1 is for the side 2 side n the other is for the up n down

Ahah yea i know its pretty ****ed i temporaly fixed the cables they were working fine, i went for a test drive and guess wat? I met 3 stops and my gears were all fked up
1=3
2=2
3=5
4=4
5=5
R=r lol so ill go buy the cables and fix em asap

Acc01/LowGrav

Reaction score
Ok Ok I believe u lol

I also hope my trans dont die on me soon lol its getting old and i just seapped in a f23a cuz i couldnt wait a bit more for a h22:( i might try the G23 build if things goes well

UTIaccord

Reaction score
N r u sure that
R=4 plausible

i could see R=5

reverse adds another gear making it 3 gears transfering power to reverse the flow of power if that 3rd gear doesnt engage it would be an over drive gear but i dont remember the total gear ratio for reverse something like 2.15:1 i also dont remember how many teeth are on each of the gears so depending on that depends on if it would be a 4th or 5th gear, but i could also see R=4 considering the 5=3rd problem it may be the linkage/fork wont throw it all the way over onto that side of the gear range

shift fork sounds possible, could also be the shift linkage being really loose, broken or has come off

Back