Help with front lip question

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
So my mugen front lip came in and I just realized the site I ordered it from sent me an 98-00 coupe front lip instead of the 02 coupe one, even though they said 02. So does anyone know of a DIY to retro this lip on? I have tried searching here and v6performance.net. But I haven't found any great anwsers. So if anyone knows anyone who has done this or knows how the best way to do this would be Id appreciate any info. Its either retro the 98-00 front lip on my 02 coupe or sell. Ugh. Guess I failed. It looks to me like I would just have to shave the top of the lip off and somehow bolt it on differently IDK Maybe Ill just sell it and search around more.

LitoCG2Rider

Reaction score
i doubt u can fail...tape one side in and drill it in position...then stretch that bytch. drill it in place....thats all..make sure u have tape in all 3 spot.. ..make sure u use 3m automotive doubleside tape

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
yea well with the front lip being for a 98-00 the top part of the mugen lip for that bumper is a lot longer since its made for the 98-00 big smiley bumper so I dunno. since my front bumper is split up into 3 parts and the 98-00 bumper is one big hole.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Well after searching around v6performance I found out that I can my the 98-00 front lip fit on the 02 front bumper all I really need to do is trim the middle peice some on both sides, if I've researched correctly

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Take your time with that dremmel.

Be sure to take pics as well.

So, you didn't return the lip and get the right one from the get go because................:coffee:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
.......because as stated on there policy you can only return items after 7 days of the actually shipped date..which is weird. And on the website when I bought the front lip they stated that they had 98-02 front lips and i stated that I had an 02. But really its not that big of a deal.

BTW I havent really decided if I am going to put a front lip on or not since I will be low low in the front and I live in the mountains so if I do decided to even put it on and not sell it on here I will take pictures and step by step of what I did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back