hid helppp!!

LudeNsoL

Reaction score
so i had hids in my civic fogs and i just noticed that today when i turned on my fogs they where flickering alot. then after a while they would stop flickering and stay on, or the right side would shut off leaving the other one on. Now usually this happens when i turn on the fogs when the car is off. but now it happens when the car is on 2. i looked at the right one and the lens is cracked and there is a rock in there, so somehow the rock cracked then lens and maybe hit the bulb, could this result in my bulb being messed up? or could it be my ballast.
please let me know how i should go about fixing this prob.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
the ballest would go out if it suspects a fire hazard. if your car is off and it flickers, might be that you have a bad battery? im just guessing so dont take my words for it. but if your bulb is messed up, if its cracked, and you turn it on, you should heard some cracking/sizzling sound.

Accord281

Reaction score
Switch the bulbs side to side. If the problem happens in the same way (right one turns off), then it is ballast. If the symptoms switch sides (left one turns off), then it is bulb.

Back