hoods

Browntown

Reaction score
minituck04 said:
cuz they look so damn similar to me. maybe im just blind

nah, you'd really notice the difference if you look at a sedan with the coupe bumper but not the coupe hood. It's not a huge difference though.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I know they're different and not fully interchangable, but just to look at them I can't tell the difference.

euro r wannabe

Reaction score
if you are going to use a 2dr hood on a 4dr it will work...just take a sander and take a little off of the part in the middle where it goes down to the grill, it will make it fit perfect with the front bumper. the 2dr hood actually looked better on my 4dr than the other 4dr hoods i had seen how it goes up farther

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, the difference is that the 2 door hood is longer then the 4 door one. people that do the bumper/hood swap have had no problems after that. and ive read in somce places that you have to swap the fenders too, and ive never seen anyone do that much.

Neight

Reaction score
The biggest differnce I noticed were the lines along the edges of the hood, those "crease" lines, the sedans have rather flat ones while the coupes have them "raised" up a bit. And to add to that 98-00 sedan hoods are quite different from the newer 01-02 ones.

Back