Horrible Mpg, no vtec, wont shift right

Ryan

Reaction score
As the title states, I am weirdly getting horrible gas mileage, I have a J30 but getting way worse mpg then i have ever before and I am driving like a granny. The car also suddenly refuses to pull through the gears. One of my mechanic buddies doesn't know much about hondas but said "it sounds/feels like something is not letting the trans shift" It hits vtec, and then jerks and it feels like it tries to shift, then doesn't. I can't really explain it. Maybe I'll just have to attach a video later. Not sure what the problem is. I am getting an oil change tonight just to see if I am just low on oil I have no idea. This only happens when i give it gas. A lot of the time, the check engine light will come on afterwards, blink for a few seconds, then go away.. If i drive like, a granny.. it drives fine.

HELP !

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
Could be EGR. Carbon builds up and and creates problems. You could try taking off the IM and cleaning it with a small drill bit. Shouldn't take longer than an hr and 1/2. May try seafoam too. PCV? Gerbal on vacation?

Ryan

Reaction score
Could be EGR. Carbon builds up and and creates problems. You could try taking off the IM and cleaning it with a small drill bit. Shouldn't take longer than an hr and 1/2. May try seafoam too. PCV? Gerbal on vacation?

thanks Matt. I'll give them a try ! i hate this.

Back