How to turn on fogs w/o headlights on???

savesday04

Reaction score
Im sure this has been on here before but i cant seem to find anything on this anywhere. I have the stock oem fogs and i want to set it up so that i can turn them on without the headlights being on. I think i know how to do it but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
i have the 01-03 civic fogs and i had it professionally installed with its own button. i didnt want it to be on with the headlights either. 60 bucks install

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
You have to make a custom wiring diagram. But if you dont have any experience about automotive electrical i suggest its better paying a pro to do it. Be very cautious messing with wires and fuses.

dynasty

Reaction score
you can use a relay and turn on the corners which the fogs will turn on also. but if you don't want the corner lights on with the fogs on then you can wire it to the ignition. i'm not sure if you could tap the fuse box inside the engine bay but you could use the trigger from the ACC from the radio OR the cigerette light from inside the car. i think you want it to turn on everytime you drive even in daylight right?

nexTOme

Reaction score
if you have 98 coupe....do this

1. you have to get in the car without opening door, so if you have alarm, disarm it, but do not open n e door. however you can open the trunk, and gain access to the vehicle.

2. once you're inside of the car, honk really short twice. then insert key, put it in on position.

3. then turn your headlight on, and open both of your sun visor/open mirror so they light up. then lock each door one by one. do not lock them all with power lock.

4. now get out of the vehicle the same way you have entered.

5. close the trunk.

6. wait till car honks twice back at you. and everything will unlock by itself.

7. get in the car through driver's side door, turn on your fog, then turn off your headlight.

8. TADA! your foglight stays on without headlight.

9. enjoy the awesomeness of fog without headlight.

00accord91

Reaction score

1. you have to get in the car without opening door, so if you have alarm, disarm it, but do not open n e door. however you can open the trunk, and gain access to the vehicle.

2. once you're inside of the car, honk really short twice. then insert key, put it in on position.

3. then turn your headlight on, and open both of your sun visor/open mirror so they light up. then lock each door one by one. do not lock them all with power lock.

5. close the trunk.

7. get in the car through driver's side door, turn on your fog, then turn off your headlight.

LOLOL...i hope hes kidding hahaha

bigtp3

Reaction score

5. close the trunk.

LOL niiiice. :ownedrun:
My fogs have they're own button. They special like that. :)
anyways like stated before, ya must rewire.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back