I want more power...

iHazSnail

Reaction score
umm yeah Nikita did not do a build but that is a bolt-on-ish turbo kit. Build is more like what NASOHC, Stinker, notorious, AFAccord, Moneypit and few others are doing. A build is a step beyond your average power bolt-ons that include nitrous and/or turbo kits that allow you to run 6-7 psi.
I think 6-7 psi should be fine for you. I recommend go through RussianRed's thread of what he did for himself (if you want to keep things at a reasonable-ish price like CrosCntryAccord has suggested) or you can google search keywords "stinker build" and go through all the 50+ pages that might explain what a build truly is.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
check out RussianRed's build, 220whp and 218wtq on a STOCK engine with minimal boost. If you don't mind spending the money turbo's will get you the power you want for a reasonable-ish price tag.

I've already drooled in his thread a couple times. I agree.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Just get an H series motor and swap it in
The motor and instal should be no more than $1300
Add the basic bolt ons to that motor and you should be about 200HP to the wheels
Then if you choose to, you can add a turbo, spray or whatever.
Jackson racing does make a supercharger for the H motor, but that's only if it's in the Prelude and not the Accord.
The blower mounts to the back of the motor and the accords firewall doesn't provide enough room for it

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
accordy2g004.jpg

accordy2g005.jpg

accordy2g007.jpg

accordy2g009.jpg

accordy2g010.jpg

accordy2g011.jpg

accordy2g002.jpg

accordy2g003.jpg

Fuzz

Reaction score
Can I ask you something. Why do you want more POWER?? Do you want the car to be quicker... a little bit more pep.

Change the Transmission. Our trannies are geared for Milage. 170mph or something stupid. I am going to Toronto this weekend to pick up a Prelude Tranny. Bolt on, no mods or changes, just bolt it on.

Shorter gears, you'll be in a higher rpm when cruising and your overall top speed will go from 170mph (with now way to get that high) to about 125mph.

Trannies can be had for a lot less than an engine. Try it. I am going to try it next weekend.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Can I ask you something. Why do you want more POWER?? Do you want the car to be quicker... a little bit more pep.

Change the Transmission. Our trannies are geared for Milage. 170mph or something stupid. I am going to Toronto this weekend to pick up a Prelude Tranny. Bolt on, no mods or changes, just bolt it on.

Shorter gears, you'll be in a higher rpm when cruising and your overall top speed will go from 170mph (with now way to get that high) to about 125mph.

Trannies can be had for a lot less than an engine. Try it. I am going to try it next weekend.

QFT, ask someone like Jason (AFAccord) about this, he will tell you that one of the biggest things that affected his acceleration was the H23 transmission. He knows them inside and out, he swapped the F23's long 5th gear into the short geared H23 transmission to keep the revs down when cruising. This is BY FAR the best mod you can do to improve response.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
a good tune will free up some hp in your current setup but it's nothing like boosting or being bottle fed ...

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
get a junked K Frame.. pick up a J32 :) or an oddy J35 :)

You know what they say... no replacement for displacement.

Back