identifying hid kit

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i know nothing when it comes to HID kits ... i need help identifying this hid kit that i found in my neighbors garage ... it's made by PROMAX ... the box doesn't say a damn thing ... the attachable harness that connects to the ballast say H4/L ... and the bulbs say HID35W H1--W ... does this mean that this is a H1 HID Kit for H4 equipped vehicles? any help is appreciated

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
from the looks of it, yes that was it looks like it but it can easily be used in your car too, just unplug that H4/L wire from the ballast and plug your low beam connector in there and purchase some 9006 hid bulbs with amp connectors and it'll work. or if you're going the retrofit route then get the D2S adapters and a D2S bulb. OR if you happen to have some ebay projectors, many of them use H1 bulbs so your kit's bulbs would work just fine in there.

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
the H1 bulb will work but it wont fit into your headlight properly at least not the oem accord ones, they'll work if you plan on putting them in a light that uses h1.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
hmm that's odd because i decided to plug them in just to see if it would work and it didnt turn on ... i only tried one bulb ... maybe its a bad bulb so ill try the other one

Back