Idle Issues

BoyRicer

Reaction score
Ok so i have just finished my turbo install. Turn the car over idles fine for a few seconds give it a little gas. Then the idle starts to surge between 1000 and 2500rpms. I pulled one of the couplers so the turbo wasnt feeding the engine. Still has the same issue. I believe its a vacuum issue. Cause when i seafoamed my car a few months ago through the main vacuum source the idle did the same thing. Any issues or if someone could lead me in the right direction would be greatly appreciate

also when i did the seafoam it threw a cel for vaccuum leak, i have a code reader but there are no codes being thrown. and this in on a factory ecu, im running my setup piggyback(please no sh** about that)

Last edited:

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
get a nice long hose that will fit great into the intake manifold(Any of the vacuum line, by the plenum is preferred) make sure u seal the end of the intake pipe ( because i know you have it connected to your intercooler , just seal tight ) get a cigar,cigarette or a friend that smokes and have them blow smoke into the hose and top it off everytime u do, smoke will rise from bad gasket and anywhere that your vacuum lines are leaking from . make sure this is done at normal operating temperature.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
running the car hard did the trick haha something musta just needed to get moving

:thumbup:

get a nice long hose that will fit great into the intake manifold(Any of the vacuum line, by the plenum is preferred) make sure u seal the end of the intake pipe ( because i know you have it connected to your intercooler , just seal tight ) get a cigar,cigarette or a friend that smokes and have them blow smoke into the hose and top it off everytime u do, smoke will rise from bad gasket and anywhere that your vacuum lines are leaking from . make sure this is done at normal operating temperature.

:facepalm:

Back