Ignition switch

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Has anybody had to replace the igniton switch for the factory recall? I have the part numbers and the directions but one question remains unanswered. Will this affect my key, as in will it get a different "tooth" pattern? any help is appreciated

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
just give it to the dealer if should be free. since it is a recall you dont have to buy anything. just make sure your car is the right year. i just got my other accord done about a week ago

finch13

Reaction score
The switch goes on the OTHER side of where you stick you're key in, so nothing changes. Everything will be the same when it's all said and done. It's basically removing the plastic steering column covers, removing 2 screws and disconnecting everything, replacing it, and installing the stuff in reverse order.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
^ Correct, you're not removing the ignition shaft where the key goes. There is a plastic piece that will screw onto the back of the shaft. You can take it off and start the car with a screw driver that way. lol :hide: On most cars, our honda have an immobilizer that is programmed to the key and ECU.

Back