intake question

Reaction score
On my friends AV6 he has the stock airbox. On the tube goin from the engine to the air filter box attached to it underneath is this plastic box that is just hanging there. Can he take that out safely.. We tried and it has a nice sound he just wants to make sure it won't harm anything..I work at an auto body shop doing auto body so this isnt my field.. lol thanks

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
yeah it's a resonator that's there to push air in...or out i forgot. anyways, you can take it out. most people who change their air box to an aftermarket CAI or SRI usually remove it because it no longer serves a purpose. for cold air intakes, you HAVE to take it out.

Reaction score
It doesnt sacrifice power right? Cause after we took it out we took it for a spin and the acceleration felt a little better :confused: Pretty cool , free mod

PiZauL

Reaction score
All the resonator does is deaden the sound, hence why now that you removed it, it sounds alot more beastly. More flowing too, so could potentially give a poney or two. Add a K&N drop in filter and you have somewhat of a ghetto intake for $0.

dynasty

Reaction score
1lb is alot. LOL. some people would do anything just to make their car lighter for drag racing. makes little different but at least it's something.. to them..

Back