Iridium Spark plug wires?

Icemul

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you have to use Iridium plugs if you have Iridium wires?
I ordered some 9mm wires and when they got here they were Iridium wires. I have Bosch +4 plugs, just wondering if there might be a problem using the Bosch +4 plugs with the Iridium wires?

Any suggestings?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I wasn't aware there was Iridium WIRES. Just plugs. I know they have wires that are SUPPOSEDLY made expecially for platinum or iridium plugs, I don't know how much truth there is to that story. I take you bought eBay wires. First off, you wasted your money on Bosch +4 plugs. Unless your boosting or spraying, OEM or NGK-R's will do you just fine. Hell, last time I checked the bosch plugs didn't even run well in our cars. The moral of the story(suggestion), stick with OEM wires and a good set of NGK-R's or even the OEM Honda coppers for your plugs.

BTW, how much did you pay for your wires??

01accorddx

Reaction score
use the denso iridium plugs, you feel a diff compared to stock ngkrs, and for the bosch plus 4s they are garbage esp in jap. cars, pretty much only good for euro cars...but the only think about the denso's they are about 12.99 a piece, and for iridum wires never heard of tha, stick with stock wires, or ngk.

Icemul

Reaction score
Well I've ran the Bosch +4 in my 95 civic, in my 97 Acura CL and in my wifes 02 accord SE and now I have it in my 01 Accord. I've tried most of the plugs minus the Iridiums, and found that the Bosch +4 seem to give the best hp gain without messing up my gas milage. But like you said they are crap unless you upgrade the stock wires. The stock wires don't provide nearly enough spark for the +4's. But with 9mm or bigger wires, its a fairly noticable increase over the stock setup. The plugs were $4 each, and the wires were $35, so for a total of $51 I got a fairly noticable increase in power for my Washington DC Rush Hour Demon. :D

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
The thing is, you didn't gain any power. The only thing you did was bring the ignition system back, or close to, it's normal operating condition when new. So, yes you will fell a difference. Would it be better with some NGK Iridium's and OEM or at least NGK wires?? I'd bet so.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
The thing is, you didn't gain any power. The only thing you did was bring the ignition system back, or close to, it's normal operating condition when new. So, yes you will fell a difference.QUOTE]

Well put. Like its been said above, unless you're boosted, OE plugs will do just fine. $12.99 per sparkplug to gain 0.02 hp on the butt dyno is stupid IMO.

Back